Guns and False Equivalents
I hate the argument 'if you ban guns, people will STILL find a way to kill". I've seen and heard arguments where peoples say that if you take away guns, people will kill using knives, or bats.
I can kill you by sticking my thumbs in your carotid artery on your neck, putting a plastic bag over your head and face, or stabbing you through the ear with a chopstick, locking you in the garage with your car running ...there are plenty of creative examples in movies. BUT, you can't do any of that by just twitching your finger. That is why people hang so rabidly onto their guns...the faux sense of being god-like. You point at someone and they fall dead...wow! What a rush. Even my TV remote doesn't work that well.

Comments

  1. Bravo Sir!! Damned Straight!

    we have laws on the books against Rape . . . IS RAPE 'ABOLISHED' NOW????

    The IDIOCY of these arguments positively frustrating . . . if I were less civil, 'they' might eat a knuckle sandwich!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The dark side of the pack.

Worth and worthless....

Too many want to run to the economic past that doesn't exist