Guns and False Equivalents I hate the argument 'if you ban guns, people will STILL find a way to kill". I've seen and heard arguments where peoples say that if you take away guns, people will kill using knives, or bats. I can kill you by sticking my thumbs in your carotid artery on your neck, putting a plastic bag over your head and face, or stabbing you through the ear with a chopstick, locking you in the garage with your car running ...there are plenty of creative examples in movies. BUT, you can't do any of that by just twitching your finger. That is why people hang so rabidly onto their guns...the faux sense of being god-like. You point at someone and they fall dead...wow! What a rush. Even my TV remote doesn't work that well.
Popular posts from this blog
The dark side of the pack.
We are pack animals; tribal. We pick sides easily because it's in our genes- a survival trait from thousand of years of evolution. BUT it doesn't serve us when we are not in a do-or-die situation and we can't discern, or separate individuals from the pack. It's laziness. If you throw someone in a box, you already have the labels on the outside and don't have to think about it, but you also don't get to learn about the individual. I had someone jump at me once, saying 'what the fuck do you know about prejudice, whitey?" But he didn't get to hear about how I was in fights when I was little for having dark skin and got called 'n**r' plenty of times, including by my own father. I had a young kid tell me that Italians were 'mud people'.... The fright wing media makes a living at separating us into packs so that their corporate overlords can keep us weak and un-focused. That's how they get away with all the looting and pillaging they ...
Comments
Post a Comment